Merimbula To Albury
Saturday 2-Nov to Tuesday 5-Nov 2019
Merimbula, New South Wales, Australia
A fully supported four days of epic riding starting on the stunning Sapphire Coast in Merimbula, over Mount Kosciuszko and finishing in Albury.
A unique experience where we support you on four days of amazing riding.
Arrive in Merimbula on Friday 1st November and set up your bike. If you are flying in, pack your bike in a disposable cardboard box.
We will meet for dinner on Friday evening and conduct a full ride briefing.
Saturday morning we will watch the sun rise at Merimbula Beach, have coffee, then pack our bags into the support vehicles and set off on an epic 4 day adventure!
- Day 1 will cover approximately 135km and finish with a lovely downhill section into the town of Cooma
- Day 2 you will ride approximately 100km to Jindabyne. There is the option to include an additional 60km completing an out-and-back to the end of the sealed road at Mt Kosciusko
- Day 3 starts with climbing as we leave the Snowy River in Jindabyne and make our way to up to Threadbo and through the Snowy Mountains to Corryong for approximately 130km
- Day 4 is a long but relatively flat day as we follow the mighty Murray River all the way into Albury for approximately 135km
From Albury, you can catch the train to Melbourne with the CycleHosts team, or up to Sydney, or have a loved one come and collect you!
This ride is fully supported a van to ensure your maximum safety and enjoyment. Your gear will be transported each day and key stops will be made for water and nutrition.
On this weekend you book your own accommodation for Friday, Saturday & Sunday nights.
This allows you to ride fully supported during the day and rest each night in a manner which matches your personal budget and style. If you want to camp at each location we will carry your tent for you.
CycleHosts has booked accommodation for everyone at Corryong on Sunday this is included in your ride cost.
WHAT IS INCLUDED:
- Support vehicles with tools and spares
- Luggage transfer each day
- CycleHosts Ride Leaders on the road with you with music, good chats and bad jokes
- Ride snacks each day
- GPX ride routes
- Accommodation in Corryong (Monday night)
- Group gathering on Monday night
- Optional kit laundry service
WHAT YOU NEED TO ORGANISE AND BRING:
- Your flights/transport to Merimbula
- Friday night accommodation in Merimbula
- Saturday night accommodation in Cooma
- Sunday night accommodation in Jindabyne
- Cash for lunch stops and dinners
- Transport home from Albury
- Your climbing legs and a sense of adventure!
Mountain Climbs, Rolling Hills
|Recommended Fitness Level||
|Recommended Skill Level||